Project Blue

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Project Blue

Post by Shaunp »

lukep6470 wrote:Ah ok. I have all new (At the time) wiring from the Alt direct to the battery and from the battery to my distribution box.

I did have an issue though where the Microsquirt would cut out if I had the idle set too low (600rpm) and the lights and AC were on as well as the fan. Another 50 rpm fixed this. Of course the 347 with the mid flight cam should never see under 800 so not a problem for it.
You have an engine that will idles at 600 rpm?, what were you thinking?
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Wow no guard protection during the install, you're brave!!!!

Whenever I swap motors I cover the whole front in industrial cling wrap and guard protectors on both sides.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

lukep6470 wrote:
I did have an issue though where the Microsquirt would cut out if I had the idle set too low (600rpm) and the lights and AC were on as well as the fan. Another 50 rpm fixed this.
Good old microsquirt noise resets. That's why mine is MS2 now.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

lukep6470 wrote:Wow no guard protection during the install, you're brave!!!!

Whenever I swap motors I cover the whole front in industrial cling wrap and guard protectors on both sides.
Yep I used to but hey its nothing special. Even been offroad Canberra to Adaminaby the back way.
Car is a ten foot driver. Painted in acrylic and easily touchupable. I drive it whenever I can. Even park it at shopping centres. I am also precise.
Last edited by Nuts on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Engine and AOD in. Now the fun stuff!

Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Very jealous of your notched towers...very jealous.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

RRS Kit. I'd Never do it again never ever no more not never.. They look cool though..

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Been busy doing other things. But all together now. Fired right up and sounds awesome. Just love my Fitech. However no 3rd or 4th gears in the AOD. Buggah. Need to investigate..

lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Shaunp wrote:
lukep6470 wrote:Ah ok. I have all new (At the time) wiring from the Alt direct to the battery and from the battery to my distribution box.

I did have an issue though where the Microsquirt would cut out if I had the idle set too low (600rpm) and the lights and AC were on as well as the fan. Another 50 rpm fixed this. Of course the 347 with the mid flight cam should never see under 800 so not a problem for it.
You have an engine that will idles at 600 rpm?, what were you thinking?
Lol, I built my ITB setup on a near stock 289 to start with. The manifold has about 15000Ks on it before it split.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

good to see you got it working. Now to play with IAC, AFR, dfco cut and return, prime fuel squirts etc.

Seriously, look in the pro tuning heading, cranking and #1 Prime fuel setting. Mine was squirting way too much fuel at cranking so much so it was flooding. I changed the default 259 down to 100 and she seems much happier

Edit: O, I also changed the throttle linkage to use the larger hole at the end of the throttle arm. The increased leverage allows for a much smoother throttle action.
Cheers Jacko
Last edited by Ausjacko on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

When I find the need for some fine tuning i'll come to you Jacko. Just don't touch anything, it's working just fine..

lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

post a vid of it running!!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Nuts wrote: However no 3rd or 4th gears in the AOD. Buggah. Need to investigate..
Was it working before? If so.. might just be shifter adjustment.
Otherwise, sounds like direct clutch or you left the inner shaft out :mrgreen:

Does it not change gears, or goes into a neutral?

Also... how much power are you expecting now? You might start to find the limit of stock friction setup. I'm starting to believe that some of the figures quoted around the place are a bit optimistic.
Last edited by hybrid on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

lukep6470 wrote:post a vid of it running!!
No Vid Luke. I have enough issues posting Pics let alone a vid.

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

hybrid wrote:
Nuts wrote: However no 3rd or 4th gears in the AOD. Buggah. Need to investigate..
Was it working before? If so.. might just be shifter adjustment.
Otherwise, sounds like direct clutch or you left the inner shaft out :mrgreen:

Does it not change gears, or goes into a neutral?

Also... how much power are you expecting now? You might start to find the limit of stock friction setup. I'm starting to believe that some of the figures quoted around the place are a bit optimistic.
It's a different trans Hybrid. This one I built some time ago with lots of HD internals but after install it developed low pressure issues and wouldn't shift in to OD. In desperation I took it to a so called AOD Expert here in Canberra and he charged me a squillion to go through it and fixed 3rd gear for me so then it only had 1 and 2. I took it back and he said he went through it and sorted it. I didn't test it, I put it on the shelf 6 years ago and there it stayed until now. However I now believe I have the answer. The valve body is not the same one that was in it when I took it to him. The original VB was an 89 one and it now has an 84 one. However in late 88 they did away with the 3/4 accumulator and modified the VB accordingly. Guess what's missing??. I've put an accumulator in it and we'll see if I'm right. The one I took out was a stock build and had a serious whine in OD.