Project Lime A code.

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Project Lime A code.

Post by lukep6470 »

hybrid wrote:My mate just stroked his Holden 5L and it was far enough out to have the extractors glowing red and setting fire to sound deadening. And that was after changing the required fuel in the ECU for the bigger cubes.
So yeah just be careful before you assume auto-tune can do the job on its own.

Better to start off rich and let auto-tune take some fuel out.
Wow was that with a Megasquirt?

I didn't mean to take it out and do a bunch of quarter mile runs without checking it!!! When I went to the 347 from the 289, I started out by getting it up to temperature then revving it up gradually in the driveway in neutral, saving that tune, then going out on the road with a softly softly approach.

You could see on that dyno run I did late last year how over conservative rich I had it in unknown territory.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

lukep6470 wrote:So you have a spare 347 lying around just to play with?
Get in line behind the 10 other people chasing his 347 leftovers ?
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

I've gotten so quick with engine swaps in my 67 (Unwanted practice), I could send him inside for a beer and it would be gone before he came back out!!!
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

lukep6470 wrote:So you have a spare 347 lying around just to play with?
Yep pretty much, using it as testing mule, Its fresh fully rebuilt, I'm reusing the Heads from this on the 363 though. Its not a bad engine, just that its in a stock block which bothers me. Has 2618 forged probe pistons, custom billet roller cam, H bearings etc, its not a real budget engine by any means, some parts have been run before but low miles, It should go fine. cam is ground on 110 centers, 590 thou lift, etc. cast crank, I beam rods. DSS billet main girdle with ARP studs etc

The 363 though is 4340 forged nitrided crank, Comp sport Scat H beam rods with ARP 2000 bolts, custom pistons, custom inverse radius HR cam, Road race Canton hinge baffle sump, short travel lifters, billet flywheel, Max HP is around 7000rpm. Heads are AFR renegade 195 Competition cnc port which have raised exhaust port. Compression is 11:1. Car has to go down to Exhaust innovations for custom 1-3/4" primary headers about 30" long.
Last edited by Shaunp on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

so finished mounting up the ancillaries in the right spot, pulley alignment looks ok and got the correct length belts from General bearing shop, Bosch ones $9 each. Just need to pull it apart and paint the AC brackets and WP pulley and going to make stay from the water pump to the bottom PS pump, to brace the pump a bit more, Fitted the nice billet center wheel caps Lee made me

Last edited by Shaunp on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Is that big belt going to the AC and PS normal? It looks a mile long!!

Maybe a tensioner is a good idea for that one?
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

lukep6470 wrote:Is that big belt going to the AC and PS normal? It looks a mile long!!

Maybe a tensioner is a good idea for that one?
Its kind of the same as how vintage air do it, which seems to work, as I fitted that to Astro boys car, I have the option to run an AC only belt if needs be as I have 3 v pulleys on both crank and water pump, would just need to make bracket to hold tensioner.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

I've got my Classic Auto Air brackets and tensioner sitting in a box if you want me to send them up so you can copy them.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Dwayne wrote:Image
Yeah the Vintage is different and the AC bracket also includes the PS bracket, I've used the factory AC bracket with an adapter to suit the Sanden compressor & the borgsen pump bracket, for the pump. The PS pump adjusts the belt here, where on the Vintage AC the compressor adjusts the belt but the format is basiaclly the same. If the belt flys off at rpm I'll put separate belt on the AC
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Last edited by Shaunp on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Yeah it really looks like you need just an idler pulley in the gap between the water pump and power steering pump. Then you can either go waterpump >idler > ac, or ac > idler > power steering, depending on what pulleys you wanted more wrap on.
Last edited by Husky65 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Its basically identical to how the Vintage Air set up works, if it throws the belt I put a short belt from the water pump to the the AC with a tensioner on the top, that's how 67 originally would have been. I used the Vintage AC on Astroboys car and its seems to work fine. Time will tell.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Here is Astro's car cant find a pick without the rad in

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »