Anybody need help inspecting/finding/shipping a car ?

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

Stallion67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Anybody need help inspecting/finding/shipping a car ?

Post by Stallion67 »

My brother is looking to bring in a 67/68 fastback from the states or possibly source one in Australia. What does a solid bodied car like that go for these days? Doesnt have to even have an engine in it because he wants a crate engine, as long as there is no rust..

For my curiosity, what does a good boss 302 or 429 go for these days?
Cheers, Tony.
Bosskraft
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bosskraft »

I have a decent bodied '67 A code fastback here at the shop, which will be for sale very soon. It is an excellent project, with bodywork basically done and virtually ready for paint. Has been epoxy primed and fitted up. It'll be advertised for about $22,500, or a bit less without the engine and trans.

As for a good Boss 302, or a good Boss 429, that depends what your definition of good is. There are good cars around, missing all the key components that make them collectible to most, but some love them like that. The values differ immensely, depending on the presence or absence of those items. Concours correct '70 Boss 302, $130k here in Australia. A good car probably non numbers matching, $80ish in freshly restored condition, but missing the specific goods.

A Boss 429 could vary hugely too. You'd have to be more specific.
Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge
Stallion67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Stallion67 »

Cheers for the ballpark figures. Yeah i was talking all correct parts and matching numbers.. Boss 429 must be pushing $200k!

Do you have any photos of this 67 fastback?
Cheers, Tony.
Bosskraft
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bosskraft »

If you could send me an email direct to bosskraft@hotmail.com, I'll organise to get some to you.

Yes, a good correct and original Boss 429 is easily in the $200k's to $300k, depending on colour and year. A '70 could be a bit cheaper, depending on colour. I have a good mate that has a raven black '69 that's been offered twice what most sell for, so they can be pretty crazy in the right condition.
Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge
Stallion67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Stallion67 »

Crazy money but still a lot cheaper than a Phase 3 for a much better/faster (not as rare) car. Email has been sent.
Cheers, Tony.
Bosskraft
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bosskraft »

Have to agree. Phase III's don't interest me. Too many fakes out there and half of them, even the owners don't know are fake. Besides, they look just like a regular GT, where there is NO question that a Boss 429 is a Boss 429 with that dirty big hood scoop etc and the same for a Boss 302. Very individual motor vehicles for individual buyers. That's why Mustangs were such big sellers - they made a car for old Grandma, right through to the bloke that wanted to drag race, with every option in between.
Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge