Ferris Beullars Ferrari GT250 California FOR SALE $89,000

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Ferris Beullars Ferrari GT250 California FOR SALE $89,000

Post by shermatt »

Thought Id share a thread on this car that was started on the Get Smart thread on the MOCA forum

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,20123.0.html

and it seems to be hot topic in other posts/facebook etc as they dont come up for sale that often

The car is up for sale (NOT the one used in the movie but 1 of the 38 remaining)

1961 Ferrari GT250 California spider

Seeing as the car runs all ford drive train (or Chev), I figured it would be worth a share as the car can obtain an import approval and in my opinion is well worth the money. The lady that owns it is selling it for $89,000 and is build #32 of 38 (I have #14)

I searched for 8 years to find one

These are a few quotes from the Get smart thread
Moz wrote: Matt

Is it the actual car from the movie?

I thought they only built 2 of them (for the movie that is)
and 1 of them they destroyed during the movie.

The other one as far as I know was sold in the UK back in 2010 I think.

Moz
Moz

From all the research Ive done on these..... its ridiculous!!

Yes...the original.... (as in the 1 of the 38 remaining) built for the movie (3) was recently sold in the UK however IT WAS NOT the actual car used in the movie. The ACTUAL original belongs to Keith up in NY and he still has it. The real movie car that is

The car that goes out the window....is NOT an MG but it does have a MG boot lid and boot latch. Rear tail lights and wheels. Mathew brodderick was told that the "donar" car for the build was an MG. He assumed the whole car was a MG when what the builder was saying was ..."we used an MG to steel bits from as it has some features similar to the GT250 that we could use"

That car was recently posted on a few forums for sale "saying" it was the one that went out the window and he repaired it but had no physical evidence that it was. Paperwork or before and after photos. No one knows what happened to it at this stage

Macka wrote: It's almost as as good as a Cobra... :thumb:

Macka, the one above runs a worked 302 windsor with a tremec 5. Couldnt get under it fully yesterday but its possibly running a older housing 9" or its an 8 with coil over shocks. Front runs the older style mustang2 front end with power steering and disc brakes all round. Car weighs 2600 pounds so you can work that out in Kgs. They go like a shower of shi7 and they draw bucket loads of attention...allmost better? Have one over an AC anyday (only because every man & his dog has an AC replica over here

Its not often you see 10 million dollars driving down the road. I think its a great buy

Heres a link I found a while ago on one of the REAL ferrari's fetching 3 million
"Ferris Bueller" Ferrari up on eBay

StephenSLR wrote:
That one in the movie is a replica so import approval may be an issue for Aus.

These cars were manufactured in 86 ...some titled as 60 & 61....some as 86/7 and some (second gens) the year that they were registered....this one can come to Oz

Allthough its a kit, ferrari closed em down. Only producing 50, only 38 made it out the door before the cease and desist letter arrived and closed them down

This is due to the fact that the the vin number and build year approved by whatever federal dept assigned the build of these cars as 60 and 61 as they were deemed a manufacturer

So you could say its like have a AC cobra replica #32 of 38 before Carrol Shelby closed the company down in the 80's (if that was to happen) then I would retract my statement to Macka above ("almost as good"....they would be on the same page as they are unique and Macka's AC would be up there in price also

These Ferris beullar Ferrari gt 250 california's are very sought after cars as no one has a spare $5-$10 million for a real one (53 only) and getting your hands on a turn key replica (1 of 38) for under $100k is a bargain to ferrari fanatics because they dont come up very often.

The ferrari guys idea to build one is cut up a GT/E Ferrari 2+2 and graph the 250GT kit to that at a cost of $350,000 US .... AND THEY DO IT :loopy:

These cars are so well put together that Ferrari went apeshi7 when a guy from the UK bought one of these from the US in 87 that had a 307 Chev in it. It arrived in the UK and that was fine. The guy takes his 250GT to Ferrari (UK) to get it tuned....You can imagine the expression on the Ferrari mechanics face when he popped the hood...it was only at that stage...they realized it was a replica and thats what started the legal battle (have to get that companies name again...I posted it somewhere else)

Here is a link to an Original ferrari Gt250 (compare the 2 cars...there identical in every way)
1st Ferrari SWB 250 GT CALIFORNIA SPYDER!!

Last one I saw go through auction sold for $117 or $127k here in Florida. I didnt inspect that one to see if its a 2 or 3 gen build (theres some history here that I wont go into) but the one I inspected yesterday is the real deal #32 (built 85/86)

$89,000 for the car is a bargain if your into ferraris

As quoted..."The ultimate bastard child!!! Imagine what Henry Ford 2 and Enzo Ferrari would have thought of this when shi7 went down in Ford's attempt to buy out Ferrari."

Star Wars - Ferrari Edition

Reportedly, just 50 were made (according to court documents) and only 38 still exist. All these factors make these 250GT recreations collectible in their own right and a unique, if odd, part of Ferrari & Ford history.

And as the movie quote goes...." It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up" [Ferris Beullar]

More pics here and I will be uploading some more later today

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.590342534324971.150393.100000476899783&type=1

For the searchers of this car (like myself): As you know...This is one of those cars that if your reading this and its a post over 2 months old...you can safely say the car is SOLD

If anyone is interested, please let me know. This car has been inspected and I give it the :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Matt

Ferris Bueller Absolute Value Edited.m4v

Valet scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off
TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Ferris Beullars Ferrari GT250 California FOR SALE $89,00

Post by TimR67 »

I want it. But unfortunately I dont have $89 grand. Would you consider a swap for my left testicle.
rockerfella
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Ferris Beullars Ferrari GT250 California FOR SALE $89,000

Post by rockerfella »

Beullar? ...Beaullar?
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

Great looking car
GRIFF
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by GRIFF »

"I'd also like to add that i have my Father's gun and a scorching case of herpes"
Here's one for you Hendrix fans, "Little Wing" by one of my bands MATT ROBERTS TRIO live at The Boatshed in Sydney.
We always try and give this song the respect it deserves and Matt rips up the solo's. enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpGaUPWJLY
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

GG65GT wrote:"I'd also like to add that i have a scorching case of herpes"
Thats probably best kept to yourself. :lol: