1969 fastback???

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

1969 fastback???

Post by unilec5544 »

just received a quote from an import agent here in Perth, interested to here from other people if this is high, seems to be a lot more than last time.

Please find below indicative cost upon arrival of your vehicle

A $ 395.00 Customs Clearance

A $ 110.00 Quarantine attendance

A $ 425.00 Port Service / Terminal Handling Fees

A $ 229-299 Quarantine Inspection Fee based on inspection fees

A$ 425.00 unpacking cost handling fee

A$ 55.00 Manifest Fee

A$ 80.00 Container Lifts

A $ 55.00 CMR Recovery Fee

A $ 395.00 Transport to Container Depot

A $ 150.00 Cleaning ( If required)

A $ 10.50 Postage / Petties

Above local charges will be subject to 10% GST.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 1969 fastback???

Post by mikes68 »

What was the shipping fee...?

My point being I guess is that if you have paid $3.5k + that $2.4k that does seem a little high. You haven't mentioned GST either which goes on top of all of that...

Edit: sorry, I just saw the 10% disclaimer at the bottom but bear in mind the GST is payable on everything including purchase price of the car and shipping costs...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

The shipping fee was $1800.00, yes I know there is more fees to come, just seems a bit high. Any recommendations on other brokers?
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

unilec5544 wrote:The shipping fee was $1800.00, yes I know there is more fees to come, just seems a bit high. Any recommendations on other brokers?
In that case it is quite reasonable... $4,200 and throw in the GST then that's about what I paid so you won't find any where much less than that?
Fifty Years Afloat

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

unilec5544 wrote:The shipping fee was $1800.00, yes I know there is more fees to come, just seems a bit high. Any recommendations on other brokers?
I used Import Perfections who managed the whole process and all up cost me about $5k.

Lee and Sheriden were great to deal with here locally. Haven't heard much from them lately (in MOCWA) but you can look them up online and should be able to find them.
Fifty Years Afloat

Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

Mike's right I paid about 4,000 through Ken, and thought that was very cheap (shipping + fees at this end)
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

OK, thanks guys, still a rip off as fars as I'm concerned.
Exhausted
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Exhausted »

The costs are worked out by someone called Ben Dover :snigger: They don't miss a thing.
65muzzy
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 65muzzy »

Exhausted wrote:The costs are worked out by someone called Ben Dover :snigger: They don't miss a thing.
So its expensive and painful
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Exhausted wrote:The costs are worked out by someone called Ben Dover :snigger: They don't miss a thing.
Never a truer word spoke. It seems everyone in Australia lines up with their hand out when you import a car. It's an expensive business, and that's with everything going smoothly. If you're unlucky enough to get the extraordinary Ben Dover specials that can pop up then you really wonder if someone is having a huge lend.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Yeah, Ben Dover and phil Mcavity, I know them well :moon:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

ponyride wrote: Never a truer word spoke. It seems everyone in Australia lines up with their hand out when you import a car. It's an expensive business, and that's with everything going smoothly.
Remember we have to protect a auto manufacturing business that is making cars that no one wants at hellishly expensive prices. Inefficient production lines making not enough vehicles for a country that should be importing what we need. All built with a highly overpaid workforce on the line.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

ozbilt wrote:
ponyride wrote: Never a truer word spoke. It seems everyone in Australia lines up with their hand out when you import a car. It's an expensive business, and that's with everything going smoothly.
Remember we have to protect a auto manufacturing business that is making cars that no one wants at hellishly expensive prices. Inefficient production lines making not enough vehicles for a country that should be importing what we need. All built with a highly overpaid workforce on the line.
Yep. Couldn't agree more. We could and should be getting a superior product at a better price. One day we'll get past the red ragging BS that keeps us stuck in the '80s (I hope).
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
Bosskraft
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bosskraft »

That's cheap as sh%t. You wouldn't ship that cheap with me. At that price, your car is shoved in a container with everyone else's car/s & sh%t stacked in it, all around it (on it most likely). I ship cars in containers with nothing on them or in them, so a lot of wasted cubic space around them, which you'd be paying for, however, NO damages for sure.

That quote is a good deal, as long as you don't mind your car being used to stack stuff in/on during it's trip.
Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge