Eleanor Question

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

MustangsToFear
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Re: Eleanor Question

Post by MustangsToFear »

Shaunp wrote:But you can bring it in without the import approval, so it can't arrive.
I take it you meant to say CAN'T bring it in.
mustangstofear.com
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, It's a parts car without the approval.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

MustangsToFear wrote:As of right now our customer has done nothing, and is going to deal with it when it arrives. He did buy a car from California that had suspensions modifications done to it and ended paying a extra 1400 to customs.
Rich

Im just curious, if the car was bought in Cali and I take it your in the USA from your Sig, what customs payment for $1400 had to be paid if the car is still in the US?

As for him dealing with it when it gets here....it wont get here at all with out an import approval.

Alot of shippers WILL NOT load a car to Australia unless they have a copy of the approval before its consolidated. If 4 cars are in a container and one of them arrives without an import approval....it will redline ALL 4 CARS

Basically, they wont ship it without one or some form of documentation saying its eligable to enter OZ.

I would let your Australian customer know now before its too late and get the ball rolling to obtain an import approval

As shaunp says, its basically a parts car

Matt
MustangsToFear
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by MustangsToFear »

Matt, I will contact him right away so he won't have any delays. We are in Indiana. I thought you were from Florida.
mustangstofear.com
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

MustangsToFear wrote:Matt, I will contact him right away so he won't have any delays. We are in Indiana. I thought you were from Florida.
He is
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet