Stamp duty

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Stamp duty

Post by scott66stang »

As part of the transaction i got the DPI transfer form filled out dated and signed for the purchase price. So i am hoping to avoid the extra 3 years on.
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

They get you to complete a Stamp duty form that needs ot be signed off by the usual Doctor, Accountant, JP etc... and you have to place a market value on the vehicle....

It says on the document... what you bought it for... and then the market rate.....

You may find it hard ot get it insured at a rate that is significantly different to the registration / licensing / trf market price...

Up to the punter though really.... I played safe... went for what i felt was the market price (Insurance value) and went from there :)
Im Back!
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by S[_]SPECT »

JC074 wrote: You may find it hard ot get it insured at a rate that is significantly different to the registration / licensing / trf market price...
I can attest to that...
Insurance on the ute was mongrel
I bought it as a non runner for $2K, yet minimum market value (on the running car) was 10k.. some companies refused to even look at insuring it due to the difference.. They wouldnt even agree to a lower than market value... in the end had to get it inspected to even have a look in..
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Once inspected, was it smooth sailing?
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by S[_]SPECT »

Yeah, for market value.. higher than I wanted/needed.. but is insured. Besides, if something did happen to it , im surely not going to find another one for the same price.
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

at the end of the day the teller doesnt know its restored and to what level...... I paid purchase price and nothing was asked, then with the xr.....well lets just say the purchase price was really really good and they still didnt worry about market value, just asked what i wanted to use and i said purchase price thanks......hehehehe
Cheers,
j
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

dalex wrote:In Vic the Club Permit Scheme avoids the stamp duty on purchase price, if it is full registration you need to show some form of receipt and like any used car registration they will keep you honest if you understate.
be interesting if you went to full rego now would they try to sting u for the stamp duty?
Cheers,
j
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

jusTANG wrote:
dalex wrote:In Vic the Club Permit Scheme avoids the stamp duty on purchase price, if it is full registration you need to show some form of receipt and like any used car registration they will keep you honest if you understate.
be interesting if you went to full rego now would they try to sting u for the stamp duty?
I believe that is the case here in WA...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

I'll be watching when you get yours registered Mike. It'd be nice if you could get by with paying stamp on the car "as it was".
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

Guys be under no dis-illusions ok.. in WA you need to prepare and have a signed declaration on the market value to trf... if you falsify one of these docs... well Im sure you can work it out.
Im Back!
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

So what is the percentage they charge for stamp duty in WA?
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Its a sliding scale from memory, try this
http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/1382.asp