Project Lil Blue Coupe

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Project Lil Blue Coupe

Post by Dwayne »

I had an online special order with supercheap, 2wks later they tell me not available and their ebay store doesn't have stock either.

Will call around to a few other chains and see how I go.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

My brother is finally back from the oil rig again, so I now have a concrete floor in my workshop (and no big gaps under the doors) . Now I can also make a door for the oven and wire up the control box.

About to get some 1" drop plates for the motor mounts cut. This will let me get the pinion angle back down instead of 3.5deg, so I can also set my rear perches on the diff and make sure everything is square.

Now I have a workshop floor, I have room to pull the motor & trans to build my engine harness and get it onto my mates dyno.

Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Still haven't had much spare time to work on my car, but the workshop is nearly all set up and all the mustang seat rebuilds for people has slowed down. Been doing a fair bit of Cerakote for mates race cars and hotrods too.

The double sandblast cabinet is getting a bigger top soon to fit rear seat frames and exhaust systems etc in easier. The vapour blast cabinet on the middle level is all dialed in nicely finally.

[image][/image]

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Awesome setup!
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Finally had some spare time to do something to my mustang again.

I Cerakoted a bunch of parts off my motor in Burnt Bronze and Blackout so I can get some more photos for my SA Motorsport Coatings pages. I still have to do the air cleaner, valve covers and full exhaust system.

Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Edz66Vert »

Love all the colour coded engine parts - nice!

Cool idea with the sandblasting cabinets, I have one and thought it would be nicer if it was bigger, but 2 lined up solves the problem? Did you swap the 1st boxes open door to the left end so you have access from both sides?

How do you use the ones up high?

BTW, anyone after a sandblast cabinet, supercheap has them on special for $199.
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Those parts look fantastic mate!
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Edz66Vert wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:56 am Love all the colour coded engine parts - nice!

Cool idea with the sandblasting cabinets, I have one and thought it would be nicer if it was bigger, but 2 lined up solves the problem? Did you swap the 1st boxes open door to the left end so you have access from both sides?

How do you use the ones up high?

BTW, anyone after a sandblast cabinet, supercheap has them on special for $199.
I've only got a door at one end as I knew it would be up against the wall on the left side. I actually need to make it bigger so I'm building a new cabinet and only using the bottom half of that double cabinet.

The cabinet on the middle level is converted into a vapour blast cabinet. It uses tiny glass beads in a water slurry, so no material is actually removed. A plastic bin underneath has a dirty water pump that mixes the glass bead (20%) water (80%) slurry and send it up to the gun, then add 20-60psi of air to clean alluminium parts.

Need to be super careful you clean all of the super fine glass beads out afterwards though, as they'll trash an engine. I only use the vapour blaster to clean up bike clutch covers now.

Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

hybrid wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:05 pm Those parts look fantastic mate!
Thanks, the pics were pretty popular on my fb and instagram pages. I think the cbr racebike engine is still my favourite though.