Electric Power Steering

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Electric Power Steering

Post by Edz66Vert »

Sounds like an interesting project but will definitely need engineering as you are modifying steering. You will have to ensure everything else can pass as well such as track and brakes.
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"
Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Edz66Vert »

Hey Hybrid, any updates on this? I want to do this to mine so I'm interested in seeing how you connect it all.
Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Edz66Vert »

hybrid wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Dwayne wrote:Can you enable CAN coming out of your Megasquirt (pins 3 & 4) and try to replicate some of the factory Toyota signal?
I already have CAN being sent to an internal IO extender module. I might be able to tap into that and send RPM, but I wouldn't have speed.
Maybe you can get speed from the gearbox speed sensor, if you have one?

This is a QLD company doing EPS conversions and they have some great info on their page including a 4.5 minute video showing how they mod the column and do the install.
https://www.ultimatepowersteering.com.a ... ng-columns

Install video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vvu-qvVVB4

I bought a Mazda 2 2008a and Corolla 2011 eps systems today to have a play. Interestingly, the pre 2012 Corolla has a separate eps computer but they mount it up top under the dash, and install it before the dash is put in.

2011 Corolla - pre 2012

2008 Mazda 2 - (6/07 to 8/14)