The Duggo ranch Fergy fixup ........

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: The Duggo ranch Fergy fixup ........

Post by Pinto-Pete »

69candy wrote:I think you had the perfect opportunity to hot rod it, and turn the front crossmember up the other way and given it some attitude!! Dissapointed. Could have saved a heap on fuel then by driving downhill all day!!
He's more into concours, you can tell this by the rust which is factory fitted in British vehicles.... :like:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
69candy wrote:I think you had the perfect opportunity to hot rod it, and turn the front crossmember up the other way and given it some attitude!! Dissapointed. Could have saved a heap on fuel then by driving downhill all day!!
He's more into concours, you can tell this by the rust which is factory fitted in British vehicles.... :like:
& the oil on the floor under it ....... ;)
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Look what i came across today in an industrial area where i went to look at a XC ute. I asked one of the shop owners but owner wasnt around, he owns the complex. But if your interested i can chase it up. Postage will be a killer.

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

scott66stang wrote:Look what i came across today in an industrial area where i went to look at a XC ute. I asked one of the shop owners but owner wasnt around, he owns the complex. But if your interested i can chase it up. Postage will be a killer.

Ask away as they can be pulled apart (they unbolt) & all will fit inside the top.

Thanks Scott :like:
Kerry

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

ozbilt wrote:
scott66stang wrote:Look what i came across today in an industrial area where i went to look at a XC ute. I asked one of the shop owners but owner wasnt around, he owns the complex. But if your interested i can chase it up. Postage will be a killer.

Ask away as they can be pulled apart (they unbolt) & all will fit inside the top.

Of course didnt look at it that close took pic from my car.... Anyway nothing an angle grinder cant fix i can send it in post packs, im sure you can weld it back together :grinning:
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

nassi wrote:Yes they built a few alright, The Coventry factory alone was responsible for more than 500,000.
The little buggars are everywhere, Sir Edmund Hillary even took 7 of them to Antarctica.
Very practical utility vehicle, I put it up there with the DC 3 and the UH1H choppers.
Just love the sound of the old Huey choppers...!
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

How do you go with the channel 7 chopper...?
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

mikes68 wrote:
nassi wrote:Yes they built a few alright, The Coventry factory alone was responsible for more than 500,000.
The little buggars are everywhere, Sir Edmund Hillary even took 7 of them to Antarctica.
Very practical utility vehicle, I put it up there with the DC 3 and the UH1H choppers.
Just love the sound of the old Huey choppers...!
Not a problem mate.... I was airborne, No chills here.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Would it fit in a surfboard bag ya think....
sporting goods fly for free.....just sayin...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

ozbilt wrote:
Pinto-Pete wrote:
& the oil on the floor under it ....... ;)
The parts falling off this Fergie were manufactured to the highest British Standards.
The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims".
- If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

ozbilt wrote:

Unfortunately the bloke is also restoring one for his hobby farm couple 100km away, and he got the bonnet off EBAY. He said he is going to store it away now that he knows someone wants it LOL!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

scott66stang wrote:
ozbilt wrote:

Unfortunately the bloke is also restoring one for his hobby farm couple 100km away, and he got the bonnet off EBAY. He said he is going to store it away now that he knows someone wants it LOL!
No problem, thanks for keeping an eye out for me.
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Update on the Ferguson. Rebuilt the engine and restored a bunch of fittings. It is now running like a new one.

After a bit of research, I discovered it was built early October 1951 (my birth date) and was first sold (after being "transported" to Australia, like most Irish) and sold in NSW late January 1952 (which is Mrsozbilts birth date). So what was "my" tractor became "ours".

Note the ROPS fitted.

Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

I have since received a bonnet that I can copy what I need and then stress paint it so it does not look out of place.

Also fitted another very important accessory...... one needs a cup holder for the tea mug ....

Last edited by ozbilt on Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry