Cylinder head smog holes.

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Cylinder head smog holes.

Post by unilec5544 »

I have these holes in what I believe to be for a smog pump or something similar. Does anyone know if there are plugs available so that I can plug these two holes in the cylinder heads, I would hate to have to remove both heads at this stage.

Appreciate any help.

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cylinder head smog holes.

Post by ozbilt »

From memory, there is no pressure on those holes. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember something like a welsh plug in the big hole and a tube with a threaded top in the smaller hole.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Thanks Kerry, there is a carbon build up, so thought there may be an exhaust leak. I will look into welsh plugs, swinging a hammer in the engine bay, will be a challenge.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

As Oz indicated, I believe you will find a threaded hole at the end of the heads. These are the air pump holes. All you need to do is plug these holes with a bolt.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Nuts wrote:As Oz indicated, I believe you will find a threaded hole at the end of the heads. These are the air pump holes. All you need to do is plug these holes with a bolt.
Awesome thanks for that, I will have a good look today and just block it off. :thumbs: