Ozbilt's last build for a client

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozbilt's last build for a client

Post by ozbilt »

gbx78 wrote:geeez youve been busy!! looks great mate. funny i was about to msg and check in to see how you and the pup are doing?

..yes i have to work out which box those tow hooks are in!! they look great installed!! donkey dick looks good too.. err that came out wrong! was there a mini tub on this one? thats my next venture i think. crazy times at the moment but depending on the day may be able to swing past for a bit. I wanna see the new pup :D.
No mini tub on this one. However the front inside corners were "massaged" like we talked about (I think we did one while you were here?).

Any time G. Jada will be happy to see you (bring food).

Every day is Groundhog Day here ....... :eatpopcorn:
Last edited by ozbilt on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

You've developed a love for plastic Oz. I find that troubling!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Let me know when you head out George. I will see if I can make it too.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:Let me know when you head out George. I will see if I can make it too.
It would be great to catch up!
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Nuts wrote:You've developed a love for plastic Oz. I find that troubling!
Well, I am qualified in Reinforced Plastics. Part of my teaching quals along with all welding certificates.

I built custom trucks (think Kenworth etc) in the 80's and early 90's on my days off and college vacations. I made the bucks and then the moulds for fibreglass roofs on 60" sleeper boxes. We built the longest sleepers available in Australia at the time. I made the tops to suit different brands of trucks.

Hate to shatter all of your thoughts, but I love modifying stuff. Reality, I have only built a few "concourse" cars in my time.
Kerry

Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Great looking car Kerry as usual. From my perspective, the added benefit with your work is that you think forward about how what you are doing now will work with -or not- with other parts of the build. EG the roll bar and roof lining and upholstery fit 5 steps down the track. Thinking like that at the time just makes for a much better overall result.

Re the mini. A friend down here is right into them and has one under resto now. If you need any parts I am sure he can help.
Cheers
Jacko
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

hybrid wrote:Let me know when you head out George. I will see if I can make it too.
I’ll come for a run as well guys.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Ausjacko wrote:Great looking car Kerry as usual. From my perspective, the added benefit with your work is that you think forward about how what you are doing now will work with -or not- with other parts of the build. EG the roll bar and roof lining and upholstery fit 5 steps down the track. Thinking like that at the time just makes for a much better overall result.

Re the mini. A friend down here is right into them and has one under resto now. If you need any parts I am sure he can help.
Cheers
Jacko
Thank Jacko. The thinking ahead comes from a lifetime of boxing myself in later in the job ..... :$

Some other stuff is the wheel wells & arches. I make them for the biggest wheels possible even though most builds never get them.

George's 67 is one that has lots of "mechanic friendly" alterations in it. The mods for the exhaust pipes, the removable dash & lots of engine bay mods that are unseen. Hopefully, one day, I can build something really trick for myself, like some obscure old car dropped over a MX5 chassis & running gear.

I would love a Series II E Type convertible, but only rich people can afford that type of car. The Mini may have to suffice ......
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

cage wrote:
I’ll come for a run as well guys.
You are welcome, as always cage.
Kerry

mungus
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by mungus »

Lots of good ideas there. The tow hook and trunk height adjuster are 2 very handy ones, and that discreet roll bar is a great safety addition. In truth I don't know why Ford didn't fit the height adjusters to the trunk, just like the hood. I've seen a few Mustangs where they aren't sitting dead flat...

Looking like this will shape up to be a great car when finished Kerry.
I'm very jealous seeing this work, being stuck in another hotel in quarantine yet again, with so many fun projects in my barn.
Last edited by mungus on Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy old git! 68’ S code Fastback
rkmiller73
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rkmiller73 »

Great work!