Scarlet

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Scarlet

Post by gbx78 »

hybrid wrote:
Retard Timing- detailed instructions on integrating with MSD, J&S Safeguard, & other popular aftermarket ignitions
Probably a good idea for a carby since you have no other control, but how will it work on megasquirt or other ECU?
To me it seems like a complicated option when your ECU can do it all.
Instructions say has a trigger for factory and aftermarket ecu's
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Ok, might be worth looking at in future for me if it monitors flow rather than pressure.

If my nozzle is blocked, I will still have water pressure but no meth. It's big and ugly though, so no idea where I would fit it.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

timing is key [thx hybrid reminding me]. So the Air temp ignition retard would be an important tuning protector. Also MS3 has good support for metered WMI control.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah originally I was going to use use air temp correction. I just wasn't confident it was going to do enough to save engine in the case of meth failure.
I'm not sure how quickly the IAT would react if meth was working, intake temps come down to 30 degrees, all of a sudden, meth dies. Air temp will rise almost instantly (except for latent cooling in manifold etc).
Will the IAT adjustments happen quick enough, or adjust enough to save it? Talking both fuel and ignition. Because remember we have to remove fuel to compensate for the 50% volume of meth. My tables in the other thread show how much fuel we took out of mine up top.

In the end my thoughts were that the table switching was much more flexible tuning wise. Allowing perfect adjustment for both conditions.
Not sure IAT adjustment will allow the same. I'm happy for it to be proven to work well - just not using my engine. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Edz66Vert »

gbx78 wrote:
Hey George, it must be time for an update! Just spent the last week reading about your 142 pages of amazing work, you've built a beautiful car!

Btw - do you know what model the Sanden compressor is, it's nice and small! Did you fit vintage or Old Air?
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Edz66Vert wrote:
gbx78 wrote:
Hey George, it must be time for an update! Just spent the last week reading about your 142 pages of amazing work, you've built a beautiful car!

Btw - do you know what model the Sanden compressor is, it's nice and small! Did you fit vintage or Old Air?
so 137 pages of waffle and 5 pages of actual build :D

No update really. 363 on hold until i finish my garage extension for my hoist and mini workshop, since moving. but its ready to be assembled once machining is done. until then just driving and polishing... the car..

Yes its a great compressor recommended to me by the AC guys. Its small, more efficient and can handle higher rpm (not that you would need that but could indicate its performance and reliability). They are used on commercial machinery so always working!.

Cant remember the model as its been a while but I will find out and let you know. It was only a few hundred $$ which was cheaper than the others presented to me.

I got an old air kit (minus the compressor and compressor brackets as i wasnt planning on using them).

Boofhead
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

That reminds me, I need to organise to get that donor AOD box sent up to you from our Vic office too.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

It's just a Sanden style compressor.
Just do a search for Sanden compact or Sanden mini and you should find it.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Dwayne wrote:That reminds me, I need to organise to get that donor AOD box sent up to you from our Vic office too.
oh yeah !! let me know!

Boofhead
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

hybrid wrote:It's just a Sanden style compressor.
Just do a search for Sanden compact or Sanden mini and you should find it.
yeah that too.

Ill get the exact model anyway. I saw the box earlier in the garage.

Boofhead