New Heart for Scarlet

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: New Heart for Scarlet

Post by gbx78 »

Next on the cards, injectors.

Originally looking at seimens but lots of knockoffs of these and the authorised sellers i trust (like summit and jegs) dont sell them. Ive since done more research and now have landed on the Ford Performance set which spec wise look better but will need an adapter from USCAR to Jetronic (easier than cutting and replacing my injector connectors).

AOD upgrades coming up soon thanks to the info our resident AOD expert Hybrid has supplied.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

What size injectors?
Charbel
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Charbel »

If you want to speak to someone local, AFI (Australian Fuel Injection) have been pretty good in the past. Not sure about prices, but they have heaps of gear and customer service officers have been fairly knowledgeable in the past.
C&M Engineering
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Husky65 wrote:What size injectors?
80lbs at 80% duty.. could prob get away with smaller and higher duty but no real price difference.
Charbel wrote:If you want to speak to someone local, AFI (Australian Fuel Injection) have been pretty good in the past. Not sure about prices, but they have heaps of gear and customer service officers have been fairly knowledgeable in the past.
Thanks mate. Ive spoken with Bosch a few times and my contact in Brisbane where i got my Green Giants from.. all good to go. Prices here are alot more expensive.. granted service and support is local. If i buy from summit they are pretty good when something breaks and just send you a new one. Pretty confident im on a winner with the ford perf ones.

I wont get these until engine is at assembly stage.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead