GPS CAR TRACKING SYSTEMS

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

derwin66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Re: GPS CAR TRACKING SYSTEMS

Post by derwin66 »

Yep it is an iphone. I then called it after I sent the text and it sent me the correct location again. I will go and move the car today or tomorrow and see if it sends me the correct location when I call it. Funny how the A01 isn't in the manual
65 T Code coupe\r\nBlown 302\r\nHeidts four link\r\nRRS Rack and Pinion\r\nC4 Gear vendors overdrive
1960 F100
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

It's in the GPRS/SMS protocol document, which should also be on your CD I think.
Here is a copy on my server anyway:
http://www.winsto.net/piggie/mustangtec ... _V1.10.pdf
Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Edz66Vert »

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread (2013) but I'd like to install one of these in my car. TPG do a $1 sim card so I'll probably use this. The only MVT380 / 340 that I could find on ebay was from the US ($153 + $48 post). I did however find one at www.dx.com for $146 with free delivery to Australia so I'll see if I can order one from them (currently sold out) unless someone has another suggestion?

My question is, if you set this up to monitor your car, can it stay in quiet mode until you activate it? I don't want it to send me sms's all the time unless the car goes missing?
Last edited by Edz66Vert on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Hi Ed
See the other thread where Hybrid has some for sale.
Cheers
Jacko
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Hi Ed,
I think TPG uses the Optus network?
Check out the Aldi pre-paid sims. They are VERY cheap and use the Telstra network.
Pretty sure they have long expiry on the data too. So you might only pay something like $15 for an entire year.

I would only use the Optus network if you don't have Telstra coverage where you are. Generally speaking, the other networks don't come close to Telstras coverage.

The new trackers I'm stocking are $150 to Mustangtech folk (they're $175 on ebay).
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

By the way - they won't constantly send you sms unless you configure it that way. I don't use sms at all. I only use the tracking website/app. Others like gbx use a mix of both.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Just checked and my telstra prepaid runs out in a few days. Will go to Aldi and get a sim in the next couple of days.
arhenry11
Suspended
Suspended

Post by arhenry11 »

Thanks for the links 67ers. ?