Think I have a problem........not good....

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Think I have a problem........not good....

Post by hybrid »

I was going to say - if the dealer is a stand up person and they have found out they've been compromised, they might be happy to take the wrap.
And they might still be yet - we don't know.

They are right to be checking everything thoroughly though, before they do anything at all.
I hope they have someone on their end smart enough to make contact with Godaddy to check whos been logging in to their account.

Because if they still haven't changed their passwords yet - who knows what else the intruder (I'm struggling to give them the tag hacker) is doing or has already done in their name.
shan75
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by shan75 »

I agree. I sent you an email hybrid. Not great news.

Looks like they still think I have been the target of a phishing attack. Or at least that is what they are saying.

So either they are lying about their knowledge of events OR they really have not reviewed their systems at all. Hope they changed the password as well.

Pretty concerning for their customers and staff. Although if they exposed anyone else....would assist in proving negligence, but I doubt I want that on my conscience for a better personal outcome.

I did draft an email begging them to check their systems and lock it down, but my mate/solicitor stopped me from sending it. Surely they would have taken remedial action?
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

What if it came from me?
I could just say I'm in IT security and offered my help to you and tell them what I have found.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Your the man Hybrid......apart from telling your wife I am coming around to your house to grab my tools. That would have been handy :poke:
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Talking about tools - what up with the collection Cage my boy?
I will someday think of something clever to say.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

cage wrote:Your the man Hybrid......apart from telling your wife I am coming around to your house to grab my tools. That would have been handy :poke:
:snigger:

Sorry mate... I think I did tell her. I just didn't set it in stone.
On the plus side, the front of my house smells much better.
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by Astro »

Is it worth contacting GoDaddy direct to advise of the breach?

Surely they share some culpability.

Might be another angle of attack.

Cheers

J
I love big birds - I cannot lie...
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

hybrid wrote:
cage wrote:Your the man Hybrid......apart from telling your wife I am coming around to your house to grab my tools. That would have been handy :poke:
:snigger:

Sorry mate... I think I did tell her. I just didn't set it in stone.
On the plus side, the front of my house smells much better.
Went to the local maccas and through it out.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
shan75
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by shan75 »

Hi Guys,

Thought I would touch base with an update.

Nothing good to say unfortunately. The fraud is apparently being investigated, so will need to wait for the outcome. We asked the dealer not to sell the car until we got some clarity on what happened, but they ignored us and re-listed as a buy-now on ebay. Was there for a few days before getting pulled down.
Then it popped up on Mecum's:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/HA0417-28002 ... -fastback/

At this point our money is well gone. Police are involved and hopefully will find out how it all happened. Reality is the dealership do not want anything to do with it though. They are being really horrible to us. Have not even offered to pay back our deposit....nothing. So bloody rude. We think they will make us go legal and my wife and I do not think we want to entertain that. So at this time, we will wait for the investigation to complete and make a decision then.

The funny thing is - the wife and I had decided we do not want this episode to end our dream of mustang ownership. So in the end - we did decide we are going to find a way to push through financially and buy a car. Might mean getting into a little debt, but it is a debt we feel we are in a position to service – so we are ok with that.

So - we asked the dealer not to sell the Mustang until we got the details of the fraud sorted out. Was our intention to find a way to move forward, however - they ignored us – sold it anyway. Very disappointing.

They said they sold it, but the funny thing is they listed it on ebay briefly (not an auction – was listed as a “for sale” type of thing). Then it was pulled down (maybe sold?) and within days – popped up on Mecum’s as above.

So - I think Mecum’s may have bought the car to fill spots in their auction?
Either that or the dealership sent it to auction (they do get involved with some of the big auctions).
Or maybe if the car was consignment – the owner sent it after giving up on the dealership. Either way – it is now at Mecums for auction this April.

So given we have inspected the car, have import approval – we are going to try and secure it at the auction. See what happens. We can’t afford to spend too much on it, but we hope maybe we can get lucky at the auction. Never know on the day.

Given our loss, does seem a bit crazy to be trying to buy it again, but I feel we should try. Financially we are not in an awesome spot given our savings are gone, but I can think of nothing worse than coming to the end of this saga with nothing to show for it but an empty garage and really bad memories. My wife understands this as well and is really supportive.

I'll let you all know how things progress.

Shan
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Itis good to hear how this goes. I really hope you get a good out come from this in the future.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Good to see it hasn't soured your spirits too much. Credit to you and your wife.

Do yourself a favour and see if you can contact Sean at Bosskraft. He's over in the states at the moment. If this car doesn't work out, he can source you something else and look after the entire process for you, so no heartache to be had. There are of course plenty of people who can do that for you, but Sean is well known to many of us.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:Good to see it hasn't soured your spirits too much. Credit to you and your wife.

Do yourself a favour and see if you can contact Sean at Bosskraft. He's over in the states at the moment. If this car doesn't work out, he can source you something else and look after the entire process for you, so no heartache to be had. There are of course plenty of people who can do that for you, but Sean is well known to many of us.

Sean is back here for the moment, I will be over as of May 6th so will beat him back over there. Sean is the one to source a car if you miss this one (I can say that as his dad ..... :snigger: )
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

Did you ever get some sort of receipt from the scammers as to having paid the money? if so is it in the company's name? Good to hear you maybe able to move on. Good luck
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

69candy wrote:Did you ever get some sort of receipt from the scammers as to having paid the money? if so is it in the company's name? Good to hear you maybe able to move on. Good luck
That is something that should not be discussed here. Great to give the suggestions, as you have, but I would advise against Shan answering.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

ozbilt wrote:
69candy wrote:Did you ever get some sort of receipt from the scammers as to having paid the money? if so is it in the company's name? Good to hear you maybe able to move on. Good luck
That is something that should not be discussed here. Great to give the suggestions, as you have, but I would advise against Shan answering.
Fair call