Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 11491
Hits New Yesterday: 23278

Server Time
22 November 2017 14:50:22 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Pre 1973 > where to buy JME instrument cluster > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visitView posts last 24 hoursView unanswered posts
Forum Index > Pre 1973

where to buy JME instrument cluster Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2 Next
nick069
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

looking to purchase a 67 JME instrument cluster (KPH).
what can i expect to pay for one of these?

Nick

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

last time i looked it was about 1200-1400US +del + 10% etc.. etc..

considering a bezel here is about 220 (brushed/delux) you could make your own if your handy Very Happy and essentially do it for nearly half the price.. gauges are dirty cheap in the US

speaking of, i have a LHD bezel already modified to fit autometer gauges ..for sale (will be soon) .. shameless plug? Very Happy lol

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead

Hawko
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

gbx78 is on the money I believe.
Then the price varies depending which style/brand of gauges you choose.
If you choose to buy the gauges seperately you can pick up a Autometer KPH speedo gauge for a little over the $200 mark from Summit. I think it is the same part number as MPH but with a -M at the end for metric. Depending on the gauge you may also need a sender.
I paid a little over $500 for the 6 gauges (I have a 65) plus freight but still need a sender for the speedo which I have been informed I can use a XD on sender.

www.jmeenterprises.com/67dash.shtml

www.mustangdepot.com/O...8clust.htm

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

im pretty sure i picked up all my 7 autometer ultralite gauges (always loved and had ultralites) including the sender for the gb for about 6-700 from the US +the bezel 220 (cause i needed one anyway). came just short of 900 all up. was pretty happy with it just going RHD now so ill modify the RHD one to suit my gauges now.

i guess depends what you are after and willing to spend .. being on a budget i was happy to customise it myself etc..

Boofhead

nick069
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Well I'm not very handy, so unless someone on here is willing to make one up for me( I'll pay them of course) then I will just have to fork out the $$$$ for jme ones Sad

Troy_H
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

I tried to get these and they were impossible, gave up on the JME set up and just bought the Autometers, the GT bezel and the plastic cups that Blackpony sells.

Worked out far cheaper, looks original mostly and I didnt have to give the JME guys a cent. If JME cant be bothered returning calls or emails, then you cant really sell things can you?

NPD had some in stock but they advised it would be a6 month wait for the unit.

Good luck if you want to go ahead with it though, they do look great. Very expensive though and will cop duty and GST on delivery to Oz as well.

Got my guages when the dollar was high, delivered for about $450, no tach as I have a rally pac, KPH electric speedo with calibration button. Sender from ford for AU for about $50

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

nick069 wrote
Well I'm not very handy, so unless someone on here is willing to make one up for me( I'll pay them of course) then I will just have to fork out the $$$$ for jme ones Sad

if its LHD and delux brushed alloy bezel .. i have the bezel (brand new) with the mods done to accept the gauges as is with no cutting up of the gauges.. if you wanted it more like the JME ones you will have to cut up the gauges (i didnt want to do as it involves notching glass for the 2 5/8 gauges.. i think 2 1/16 would be fine they just look smaller in the bezel and IMO dont look as good as 2 5/8)

Ill have the bezel for sale soon (can still accept standard/factory gauges) once i use it as a template to cut up my RHD one. Then you just need your gauges.

where in Syd are you?

here is my practice bezel that was stuffed.. came up ok:

and here is the NEW LHD i did, the gauges are actually loose behind as i havent screwed the backing plate in .. which i might add is not grounded (plastic not metal like the original) so you will need a ground feed for the lighting etc.. if i cut the gauges up they would sit closer to the front face of the bezel.. but i was happy with the way they sat and it meant ANYTIME i can replace, remove a gauge if required.

The angling is a bit off from the pic but gives you the gist of it.

nick069
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Well I'm in the Liverpool area. I do have LHD but i don't have a deluxe dash, just standard, however I may have look at the alternative to buying the jme ones.

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Troy_H wrote
I tried to get these and they were impossible, gave up on the JME set up and just bought the Autometers, the GT bezel and the plastic cups that Blackpony sells.

Worked out far cheaper, looks original mostly and I didnt have to give the JME guys a cent. If JME cant be bothered returning calls or emails, then you cant really sell things can you?

NPD had some in stock but they advised it would be a6 month wait for the unit.

Good luck if you want to go ahead with it though, they do look great. Very expensive though and will cop duty and GST on delivery to Oz as well.

Got my guages when the dollar was high, delivered for about $450, no tach as I have a rally pac, KPH electric speedo with calibration button. Sender from ford for AU for about $50

thats the worst isnt it. I had similar issues. I get turned off by a manufacturer that, in this electronic age, cant even return emails. As far as im concerned ill take my business elsewhere. which i did and made my own Very Happy for half the price

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

nick069 wrote
Well I'm in the Liverpool area. I do have LHD but i don't have a deluxe dash, just standard, however I may have look at the alternative to buying the jme ones.

im pretty sure with the JME ones theres still some wiring involved, even if its on the car side to marry up with the jme cluster .. which you would have to do with if you had your own autometer gauges.

I dont have the link handy on this computer, but theres plenty of tutorials on how to make your own and where to cut ..

i do have this pic i took for my own reference of when i was practicing.

It really isnt hard to do .. looks intimidating but isnt really.

i say give it a go Very Happy

trav68
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

trav68
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Above is my almost finished cluster just need to neaten up the ground and rest of loom. I used 2 1/16th gauges and think in real life they do not look too small.

Small gauges fitted using original trim rings just needed to snip them every 10 - 15mm and open them out a bit as per photo above. Fit like a glove and going no where.

Big gauges require opening up the plastic bezel and metal surround witha dremel I mig'ed on some small bits of hoop iron and mounted the gauges using the factory studs. My welded tabs may look a bit bodgy but overall the cluster and gauges are really secure and nothing moves at all. Note I very carefully cut the bezel off the two big gauges wiht a dremel before installing.

For loom as per my previous posted I needed two more spare cores as using an electronic speedo and new tach. I used the factory plugs and these two cores are the old ammeter wires and will just cut and splice on underdash harness.

I chose to use the metal gauge surround although I did purchase the plastic one from NPD as the metal surround is used for mounting the whole cluster as well as earthing of flashers, brake warning light etc etc so it just seemed more sensible.

Cheers,
Trav

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

looks bloody good!

Boofhead

CobraJet
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

I was lucky enough to have a JME cluster in my 70 when I got it. They are a little thin on the plastic. The job you did above looks a whole lot better!

I'm struggling to find the KM/H Autometer gauge (It looks to be the shaft driven not the electric one) for my JME cluster. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm here for Pinto Pete's avatars!

scott66stang
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

CobraJet wrote
I was lucky enough to have a JME cluster in my 70 when I got it. They are a little thin on the plastic. The job you did above looks a whole lot better!

I'm struggling to find the KM/H Autometer gauge (It looks to be the shaft driven not the electric one) for my JME cluster. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mustang Depot has one in the Autometer Phantom, Ultra-lite, and the ones im thinking of getting at the bottom of that page.. the American Muscle guages

www.mustangdepot.com/O...ges.htm#UL

Converting Rust to Something Drivable

66 Fastback Fairstang Project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
67 convertibuild project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
Thought Collecting Couch www.mustangtech.com.au...=1739.html
Caddy Wacked www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page 1, 2 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   Husky65 

gbx78