Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 2329
Hits New Yesterday: 20085

Server Time
20 November 2017 02:50:40 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > Scarlet > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visitView posts last 24 hoursView unanswered posts
Forum Index > Mustang Projects

Scarlet Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3108, 109, 110137, 138, 139 Next
boofhead
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

6500 is fine. Just wanted to make sure. I have no issue with the mounting or orientation of the CDI box - it makes perfect sense - just thinking about the 'L' feature and thinking it might need to be set very high or turned off as the MSII can control the rev limiting - and probably is...

Get her painted... Laughing I am looking forward to the photos.

I will someday think of something clever to say.

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

boofhead wrote
6500 is fine. Just wanted to make sure. I have no issue with the mounting or orientation of the CDI box - it makes perfect sense - just thinking about the 'L' feature and thinking it might need to be set very high or turned off as the MSII can control the rev limiting - and probably is...

Get her painted... Laughing I am looking forward to the photos.

ohh i see yes thats true i think we may have discussed this before and to make it very high.

Yeah me too!!

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Ok not much to update cept getting soo close to handing it over for paint, maybe 1 or 2 more visits to work on my car and she can go.

It didn't occur to me that the MSII is a little magic black box and it controls everything that the MSD CDI does, so the dials up the top are essentially irrelevant so it was turned around to hide the cables, I can surprisingly still see the status light reflect off the alloy plate so its all good.

I doubled checked I greased all my nipples to make sure everything was good. Replaced a temporary tierod that Kerry put in place while my one was sent off to have its threads fixed as they were mashed a little.

Put all my bulbs in the rear for testing. The buckets will be painted silver to reflect the light better (LEDS didn't make much difference and being cheapass ones actually caused some weird circuit issues when jiggled).

Parkers on.

Anyway .. so she still starts so I think its safe to say that my "no spark" issue has been solved thanks to replacing the dizzy wires with NEW wire.

I wanted to record my aircraft grade fan. lol Starting up to show how fricken loud it is.

I also tidied up a lot of scrappy bits, like remote boot, terminating PIAA lights under the dash. Replacing some connectors while I had the chance, door mirrors positioned and holes drilled.

I'm soo busting for it to be painted right now cause once it is, the assembly of interior bits is all thats left to do. I'm ready to enjoy my car like it was intended. I expect tweaking and tuning etc to continue but not required to get it registered. Its pretty close in its current state.

boofhead
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Good update. Nice to see the progress. The little things take so much time though it is worth the effort.

I will someday think of something clever to say.

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Let me know when you're heading out to Kerrys again George and I'll try and make it out again.

I'm working this Sat though, and also massive days on the 17th and 24th of this month (DR testing) Ranting

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

hybrid wrote
Let me know when you're heading out to Kerrys again George and I'll try and make it out again.

I'm working this Sat though, and also massive days on the 17th and 24th of this month (DR testing) Ranting

& I was so looking forward to you making circles in the oval at Wheels @ Wollindilly ...... Sad

Kerry

It is easier to get older than it it is to get wiser

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Snigger

This is the problem with working in IT... any work requiring interruptions means weekends Sad

At least in this job I get paid overtime - that's pretty rare.
Damn... I didn't even look at the dates. Three weekends in a row! Farken.

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

hybrid wrote

Ohh DR testing is ultra fun .. .. *crickets*

Yeah sure I think this weekend is out with mothers day and all that. However I'll check with Kerry but was thinking Monday if work will show some mercy.Then prob following weekend

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

gbx78 wrote
hybrid wrote

Ohh DR testing is ultra fun .. .. *crickets*

Yeah sure I think this weekend is out with mothers day and all that. However I'll check with Kerry but was thinking Monday if work will show some mercy.Then prob following weekend

Monday works for me, as you know G, every day is the same (except Thursday mornings ..... Wink2 )

Kerry

It is easier to get older than it it is to get wiser

donoauto
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

gbx78 wrote

I doubled checked I greased all my nipples to make sure everything was good.

I wanted to record my aircraft grade fan. lol Starting up to show how fricken loud it is.

Firstly, I want to say how impressed yet saddened I am at the increased maturity of this forum to let George's nipple comment go unpunished........... Poke
I did expect a barrage of personal jokes to follow - hopefully you guys won't let me down next time Impatient

Secondly, George, does that thermo have straight fan blades or are they curved (like a arc)? I had a straight blade one on mine for 10 seconds & swapped for a much quieter curved blade one. Could barely hear my car idle over the fan.

(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.

xpconnor
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

Dumb question, but the supercharger is not hooked up yet is it? If not why and when will this be happening.

"The Mustang is full of Awesome"

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

I think the intake isn't finished yet?

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

donoauto wrote
gbx78 wrote

I doubled checked I greased all my nipples to make sure everything was good.

Firstly, I want to say how impressed yet saddened I am at the increased maturity of this forum to let George's nipple comment go unpunished........... Poke
I did expect a barrage of personal jokes to follow - hopefully you guys won't let me down next time Impatient

Secondly, George, does that thermo have straight fan blades or are they curved (like a arc)? I had a straight blade one on mine for 10 seconds & swapped for a much quieter curved blade one. Could barely hear my car idle over the fan.

Yes it is a straight blade and yes i knew straight blades were louder and curve were quieter.. its a long story how i ended up with this one. I was having cooling issues and SPAL advised to get this particular one. the most torquey, draws the most current and biggest cfm.

I initially had a cheaper brand one which was curved blade and dead quiet too. I was having cooling issues and amongst checking EVERYTHING 100 times to confirm water flow was happening, air in the system and all that jazz .. came to the conclusion it had to be airflow related.

Anyway amongst chatting and wiring i must of reversed polarity of my fan and it was pushing and not pulling. this was determined when boofhead was here and did the whole hose through the radiator trick .. showed the car was cooling which ment coolant flow but funnily the hose water was bending to the right .. indicating the fan was blowing and not pulling... (in my defense this was pulling earlier on in the piece but somehow got reversed).. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! we reversed the wires and the car was cooling like it should .. i had already bought the SPAL fan .. and read some reliability issues with the cheaper fan so decided to change it anyway ..

Ill run with this for now. I bought it direct from the US with alot of other stuff from Summit so it only really costs me the fan which was cheap anyway. I can play around with this in the future if the noise is unbarable. although it is good to hear its spinning.

thanks to boofhead for that little trick and how it proved what was happening.

Also saying that the spal fan is definitely king

Last edited by gbx78 on Tue May 06, 2014 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

hybrid wrote

correct, xpconnor just waiting on the special intake to be fab'd up etc then i will hook it up and retune etc.

however decided not to wait for this to happen as the car can be registered without waiting for this and can be done even after paint.

its only the intake to the s/c. from supercharger to throttlebody is essentially done. the KN airfilter pod will be moved to the front of the car just past the battery tray area so it can get some cold air.

xpconnor
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

gbx78 wrote
hybrid wrote

correct, xpconnor just waiting on the special intake to be fab'd up etc then i will hook it up and retune etc.

however decided not to wait for this to happen as the car can be registered without waiting for this and can be done even after paint.

its only the intake to the s/c. from supercharger to throttlebody is essentially done. the KN airfilter pod will be moved to the front of the car just past the battery tray area so it can get some cold air.

Cool. Hopefully there is not too much work involved retuning the ECU once the supercharger is hooked.

"The Mustang is full of Awesome"

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3108, 109, 110137, 138, 139 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   gbx78 

Shaunp 

Nuts 

nassi 

hybrid 

cage 

LatestForumPosts