No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 4310
Hits New Yesterday: 14808

Server Time
22 January 2018 07:30:15 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > Scarlet > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visitView posts last 24 hoursView unanswered posts
Forum Index > Mustang Projects

Scarlet Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 354, 55, 56140, 141, 142 Next
goldscode
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

jack of it now! .. covers were stripped.. i did ALOT of hard work on the fins and lettering that came up to a mirror!! i literally went through every grade from 320 - 2000 then finished with the purple polish on the wheel.. then i was ready to paint.. got my VHT black pearl (just black with a bit of sparkle when the light hits it).. the first cover came out fkn fantastic .. cept the paint dried soo quick and couldnt wipe it off quick enough .. no probs got the paper out with a block and the block had something that put deeep scratches thru it all again .. FFS!! .. no probs just means ill have to go through the hardwork again to shine up (a whole days worth!!) ..

then i learnt from my first cover to try be more efficient on the second and completely FK'd it up and then i ran out of paint which ill have to special order again ... again got deep scratches through .. that fkn block has got issues .. so the fact i fked the cover up anyway i got jack of it and a blister on my fingers so i put it away and im done with it for now .. ill come back to it in a week when im not soo bitter about it!!! ..

its been baked (in the BBQ) and it looks bloody good for first effort .. cant believe i fkd the second .. sorry the language has come out .. George is GETTING UPSET!!! (seinfeld)

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

oh forgot to mention i did try the oil ontop first which helped a bit on the first one..

if i didnt want the polished fins and lettering soo bad to break up the black under the bonnet .. i would have left it all in the black pearl cause it looked pretty good they way the paint sits .. not flat but more 3D'ish.

all good i gave it a go and ill sus out what ill do with the second . .might just get another can and put some more thin layers on and it might come good on its own .

Foresight
Zebras for hire

0 👍 / 0 👎

Looks good mate. Its a good feeling when something comes up like how you had hoped.

Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!

Nuts
Mustang King

Location: Can someone send me some of that "Clean" coal for my furnace. My wood has frozen..

0 👍 / 0 👎

That looks fantastic. Like Let's all send ours to George for a repaint and shine!! Poke

My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Nuts wrote
That looks fantastic. Like Let's all send ours to George for a repaint and shine!! Poke

Neutral Shocked

how bout NOOOO .. thats not polished yet .. thats only 400grit .. but yes pretty happy with the finish on the first one .. it just looks sooo good..

but do yourselves a favour .. just go buy new ones!!! i currrently have the sight of sandpaper!

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

looks a little brownish in this pic .. against the gloss black .. after the bake it dulled the colour a little .. non the less i think it still looks good and breaks up the colours a little

i might not recoat the second cover .. seems that both covers are the same so i just it on the side of the engine where its down below at the back so you cant see it .. its not a show car but would like to put some effort in it .. i just have to draw the line sometimes ..

liking the way it looks .. the sparkle doesnt show too much in this light but with really bright light it shows .. very sublte which is good not in your face..

feeling a bit better about it now .. still have to tackle those fins and lettering once my blister on my thumb heals!!

the engine (appearance wise) has come ALONG way from drips and drabs of caked on black paint (must of been on special that day).. starting to take "colour" and i think it willl look really good in the engine bay.

Last edited by gbx78 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Foresight wrote
Looks good mate. Its a good feeling when something comes up like how you had hoped.

yeah it is ..and a REAL bitch when thinks go pear shape not just once but twice and thrice!

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

all my autometer senders are installed from the gearbox to the oil temp and pressure. just need to put water in on the intake and its good to go. the b&m lever is in but i still need to do the drain plug on the pan..

im lucky im on a break this would have taken me WEEEKS and months to get this far just doing it on the weekends

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead

boofhead
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

gbx78 wrote
thanks for the tips guys ..

boofhead..i think ill "practice" pulling apart an engine on another engine for now. i just wanna pretty this thing up so it can be ready to drop back in the engine bay once steve is done at a later date.

Understand.

So go purchases Bas's 351W and pull it appart. Get a 408 stroker kit and a few extra bits and you can kick Steve's Ass ..... might actually get it running sooner as well Poke

I will someday think of something clever to say.

soc123_au
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

boofhead wrote
gbx78 wrote
thanks for the tips guys ..

boofhead..i think ill "practice" pulling apart an engine on another engine for now. i just wanna pretty this thing up so it can be ready to drop back in the engine bay once steve is done at a later date.

Understand.

So go purchases Bas's 351W and pull it appart. Get a 408 stroker kit and a few extra bits and you can kick Steve's Ass ..... might actually get it running sooner as well Poke

Still be about 40 cubes short of a real engine! Make sure you check my thread tommorow, there should be something worth looking at by the end of the day. At least there better be or I will be very pissed off.

Album Link Below.

s608.photobucket.com/p...s_Prestige

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

wel i cant top Steves nasty looking engine..

but i got my intake blasted .. boy its really "raw" looking now. Theres noway in hell im gunna sit through all the grades off paper and wet sand this thing and polish it, simply not worth my time or effort ... so im thinking to just paint it aluminum colour like the gearbox and headers or another metallic engine paint .. i dont mind the red fire metallic .. might look ok for the intake..

I might try for the aluminum colour first. I know the anodised effect paint is suppose to be over shiny surfaces but i wonder what a red anodised paint would look like straight over the raw alloy .. the raw alloy does sparkle a touch and im not after an in your face look just something to contrast

The reason why i didnt just paint over the existing black paint was cause it was shotty and dribs and drabs everywhere and i think it was POR15'd and i tried to sand those bits back and it wasnt worth the effort in those nooks and crannys

also my edelbrock waterpump is a natural alloy finish but sparkly .. do i need to clear coat it to protect it from stains etc.. or is that really only for alloy thats in the raw like my intake currently?

Foresight
Zebras for hire

0 👍 / 0 👎

Red intake manifold is the trademark of an sti engine...are you sure you want to be lumped in with Mark and me? :rotfl:

Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Foresight wrote
Red intake manifold is the trademark of an sti engine...are you sure you want to be lumped in with Mark and me? :rotfl:

thank you for scaring me straight!!! .. i also noticed some corvette guys do the same thing ..

silver/alloy colour it is!! lol

Hawko
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

You could get it ceramic coated.
Or POR has a clear that apparently doesn't yellow and isn't affected by fuel. I think it's called Glisten from memory

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 354, 55, 56140, 141, 142 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   Nuts 

hybrid 

Husky65 

Ausjacko 

Dwayne 

Roger 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages