No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 2507
Hits New Yesterday: 14799

Server Time
22 January 2018 04:16:56 AEDT (GMT +11)
Other > Other Projects > Jacko's Project > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visit β€’ View posts last 24 hours β€’ View unanswered posts
Forum Index > Other Projects

Jacko's Project Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3 … 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 61
Ausjacko
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

14 January 2018
Digital fan controller arrived and I started wiring it up. It is a Davis Craig DFC444 and looks to be pretty well made- resin filled. May be no need for the Fitech controlling the fan, see how I go.

Here it is nearly finished.

As I was not using the side mounting bits (and they just got in the way), I cut them off and wrapped the wires so it looks neat and tidy before fitting to the car. You set the temp the fans come on via depressing a push button. The second fan comes on 10 seconds after the first one starts.

On the car, they work pretty well, cutting on and off.

Another test drive up and down the street a few times and she seems to be running better. I was basically doing hard braking in a few cycles and the brakes pull up well- a good thing. Konked out at the top of the drive but started in time to reverse into the garage.

Sunday saw a realignment of the steering wheel- the drives showed it was 90 deg out. Thanks Nassi for the lube suggestion. It made going in, out, in, out and in much easier. I will try it on the sunroof sliders as it is bound to work on those just as well. H was a little reluctant about using silicone spray from a can but is coming around to the idea :-0

I used my disassemble pics and fine pins to find the mounting holes for the sunroof wind deflector pivots that are pop riveted into the rail below the front lip of the sunroof frame. The pics and measurements, together with the relationship to the other pop rivets helped me find the centre one easily enough. The pins, when pushed gently through the roof lining do not leave marks and bingo, when they go through you have found your hole! Three pivots installed and I will grab some decent looking screws/bolts for them through the week.

'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'

Ausjacko
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Sorry Shaun, manifold is a Edelbrock performer, square bore.

'68 J-code GT Fastback

Ausjacko
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

19 January 2018
And her debut!
Yes, the car is now registered. I will spare you the dramas of trying to get a car that was last registered in 1994 in the ACT recognised in the ACT (insert irony icon) but in brief it took phone calls, visits to two separate offices, three staff and a supervisor but we got there. To be fair, the last two people were really helpful and got it through- no they were not the supervisor.

The inspection was a breeze after I got the wheel alignment done. Even I could see that my left wheel was not pointing in the same direction as righty but now they both on track. The Tyre Plus workshop in Woden were really helpful and told me they want the car parked there next week as it attracted a lot of attention from passers-by. If I clean it (next task) I might be able to pull some chicky-babes myself (not for release to H).

Right, these things are a team effort and I would like to thank some of the major contributors:
Mick for trailering the car to our place three years ago so we could start this adventure.

Big Mc, the Panel Master. For fixing up the places where metal once lived, straightening out the bits that had got a bit slack over the last 48 years (including the dodgy sly sub-frame work), stripping (the car, not that weird night we don’t mention), providing us the confidence to fit the windscreen after β€˜helping’ him fit the rear screen and lots of other things and advice that are mentioned through this tale. Love your work!

Brother Steve, The Tint King, and his team. Once cleaned, her panels and paint will look even better they do now. A credit to the work they do!

JBB, the exhaust, headlining (wasn’t that a tense two nights), windscreen fitter, trailer driver and general fixer-upper Guru. Your help is always appreciated!

And lastly H. Supporter, gate opener and rather occasional holder of tricky things. And no, I am not selling it!

When the tyres arrive for the new rims (have been saving them for a reveal) I will post pics. Just on that, why are people so polarised by the Centreline mag? I actually quite like them but comments today suggest I am in a very small minority of around three people; me, the guy who designed them and the girl who sold them.

'68 J-code GT Fastback

Nuts
Mustang King

Location: Can someone send me some of that "Clean" coal for my furnace. My wood has frozen..

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Nice work Jacko. Now it's time to tackle the resto on something a bit more up market. I found this nice little Datsun for you. and it's close by. www.gumtree.com.au/s-a...1170011324

My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic

MustangMedic
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Well done Jacko,
A credit to all of those involved, as well as Nuts for the motivational comments throughout the build, 3 years.....well bugger me!
Cheers,
Ash

Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
97 SN-95 Convertible

Dwayne
Senior Mustang

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Congrats, must be a great feeling to finally drive it after 3yrs of hard work.

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3 … 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 61

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   Nuts 

hybrid 

Husky65 

Ausjacko 

Dwayne 

Roger 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages