Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 1221
Hits New Yesterday: 17225

Server Time
17 December 2017 01:37:47 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > Scarlet > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visitView posts last 24 hoursView unanswered posts
Forum Index > Mustang Projects

Scarlet Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 139
boofhead
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Good work there. Glad it work out so well. Lots of other little changes that can be made.
Thanks for documenting it.

I will someday think of something clever to say.

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Nice one.
I've considered doing that too, but it's well and truly in the "can't be arsed" category.
I don't have the DB15 to add another wire either.

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Haha thanks. . Yeah same.. but couldnt leave the house so thought might as well do it and sort out all my bits

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

gbx78 wrote
Im too busy taking pics at euro foam parties.. cause thats what you do in 40deg australian heat.

Anyway, enough about the electrical crap. I need to know more about the "euro foam parties", like when & where (also where are your pics loaded would be nice too) ........ Worthless Without Pics

Kerry

It is easier to get older than it it is to get wiser

xpconnor
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

ozbilt wrote
gbx78 wrote
Im too busy taking pics at euro foam parties.. cause thats what you do in 40deg australian heat.

Anyway, enough about the electrical crap. I need to know more about the "euro foam parties", like when & where (also where are your pics loaded would be nice too) ........ Worthless Without Pics

Whereabouts was the electrical stuff? I must of missed it.

"The Mustang is full of Awesome"

cage
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Thank god you put that picture in, the rest of the stuff you were crapping on about is ssssssoooooooooooooo boring.

Oh and don't worry about the money part to do the mods George, the trick is you just drop a 0 off the end of everything and you are good to go.

"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."

boofhead
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

I am starting to understand the advantages of owning an E-car.
Eurotrash and foam parties - good start in convincing me I did i all wrong.

boofhead
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

cage wrote
Thank god you put that picture in, the rest of the stuff you were crapping on about is ssssssoooooooooooooo boring.

Oh and don't worry about the money part to do the mods George, the trick is you just drop a 0 off the end of everything and you are good to go.

:
Does that apply when you sell your car? Poke

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

ozbilt wrote
gbx78 wrote

Haha its usually unadvertised and invite only.

Oh and boof. .its the colour :D..

I was having this conversation with hybrid and cage the other day. I dont have my youth anymore so No guitar or car = No foam parties..

Thanks cage ill remember that when i have to justify my next purchase

Boofhead

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

right so no foam parties as of late.. but its just coming into summer so watch this space.

Ive been working on my boot and thought i would share hoping that my research and findings would be useful for others that may be in a similar situation or just find it interesting cause i know we all like pics.. scroll down to bottom (no pun intended) if this is too much waffle.

So time to ditch the sub as i dont really use my stereo however the Alpine R types when amped kick some punch on their own anyway. I enjoy listening to the roar of my engine and exhaust way too much to worry about music.

Instead, I decided to get a spare wheel in there in the event of a flat. Only 1 problem, my big ass 14" brakes dont easily allow for a basic spare and offsets can be an issue with standard alloys and i see no value in an expensive replacement rim and it would be way too big (in its smallest form) for my boot anyway..

Most space savers are 16 or 17" there are a few euro cars with 18" space savers but had to find one with the correct bolt pattern and released in Australia (some are 18" space saver but only European release, Australian models got the 17"). Then had to check for any offset variances that may cause me an issue. The late model mustang spare was an option but not at a stupid $1200 for the "spare kit" .. a big rip for something you would rarely use (you could source one from the USA for cheap but again a pain in the ass for no value).

Enter the late model 370Z GT.. has the 18" spacesaver, same bolt pattern and designed for big brakes and calipers. Not only that, its a really nice alloy rim to boot (no pun intended). Nice and light and the correct rolling diameter to match what i have. The tire on there is wider than most space savers so has some decent tread. Its only a spare but still a bonus. Best part .. cheap as chips and relatively new (within the last few years)

So out came the sub and all the crap. took out the plywood i had that went right across the boot and just layed the carpet down as is.. much neater and easier to access any wiring and hoses i have running around the fuel tank.

I also made up a backing board for the trap door and carpeted it. mounted the amp up there, locked down the spare wheel and im good. looks soo good. nice and neat (used left over meterials so cost me nothing but time). I have 1litre bottles of coolant, engine oil, trans oil in the boot for possible topup emergencies when away from home.

Love it.

good effort i thought. Research and a few calls paid off overall. Big thanks goes to my mum for holding the panel up while i fixed it in place! and staying home for the delivery of the wheel.(also for assisting with hella elec vac setup but thats for my next writeup)

before:

emptied out and test fitting the spare:

Panel test fit:

mama gbx showcasing hehe:

carpet and installed:

spare wheel in and locked down in factory position, amp mounted:

i trimmed up the floor carpet to accomodate the corners and wheel well to sit flatter on the floor of the boot and lift up to the trap door so covers the gap you can see in the pics.. just didnt tak a pic of it

spare wheel installed on front (rear works fine too its the front thats more specific).

I read soo many guys stuffing around with a spare whereby it only fits on the front or the rear and they have to swap the original rear to the front or whatever.. what a pain in the ass when your stuck with a flat. this wheel works for all including big brakes and its cheap.

Next up will be a write on a hella vac pump (used in most new cars) for assisting power brakes.. they are quiet and last longer as they are designed for cars with NO engine vac assist. Better than the aftermarket stuff (fk they are noisy and useless to be honest as they dont build up vac quick enough). Good for use with vac tank as a top up in conjunction with check valves. Best part.. They are dirt cheap also and common to find at the wreckers or go brand new for a little more (which i did cause i got wholesale price through a friend who deals with hella in germany).

Once upon a time on the Gold Coast:

Boofhead

nassi
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Onya mum, tip tops the one. Like

boofhead
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Ausjacko
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

nice work. Good find on that spare tyre. Any idea what those girls are looking at?

'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'

Nuts
Mustang King

Location: Can someone send me some of that "Clean" coal for my furnace. My wood has frozen..

0 👍 / 0 👎

Couple of things... Well three actually... What's with the bare wiring? Very tacky. Secondly, your trunk door hold open device finish is crap and needs some work. Thirdly, can I see more of the last pic please Especially Green!! That's my favourite flavour. Oh and good find and fit on the wheel..

My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic

gbx78
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Thanks guys

Hahaha .. dunno Ausjacko but who cares!

Nuts.. ill try find more pics of chantelle Very Happy

Boofhead

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 139