Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 17746
Hits New Yesterday: 19385

Server Time
18 November 2017 22:48:39 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Pre 1973 > Smog port FE heads. What to do.... > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visit ā€¢ View posts last 24 hours ā€¢ View unanswered posts
Forum Index > Pre 1973

Smog port FE heads. What to do.... Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
jarbergers
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote

i happen to be in in the business if knowing cars values and i supplied the studios with the cars that were turned into eleanors for the movie.

Were you quoting the article when you said this?

Reason I ask is I was the link to TCP having their suspensions in those cars. Ray Clariage of CVS saw Mrsozbilt's RHD Mach at a show at Knotts Berry Farm. We talked about RHD conversions & suspension in general. A TCP complete front end was fitted a couple of weeks later to a test car & then more sets were sent down when they liked it.

hi, unfortunately i don't quite understand your question.

It looks like you said you supplied the Gone in 60 Seconds movie cars. Is that correct?

I could read it 2 ways, the other way was you were quoting someone else ........ šŸ˜„

i sold 5 running driving fastbacks to ray for him to modfiy into eleanors

also, since chip foose was one of the designers of the car, i would think that he would have mentioned to ray about upgrading the suspension with tcp or global west etc but i didnt ask ray about any of that, however its not like ray knew nothing about modifying suspension since he had done a lot of that, but maybe he wasnt familiar with tcp at that time.

did you work at tcp or sell the suspension parts to ray?

Last edited by jarbergers on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:05 am; edited 6 times in total

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote

i happen to be in in the business if knowing cars values and i supplied the studios with the cars that were turned into eleanors for the movie.

Reason I ask is I was the link to TCP having their suspensions in those cars. Ray Clariage of CVS saw Mrsozbilt's RHD Mach at a show at Knotts Berry Farm. We talked about RHD conversions & suspension in general. A TCP complete front end was fitted a couple of weeks later to a test car & then more sets were sent down when they liked it.

It looks like you said you supplied the Gone in 60 Seconds movie cars. Is that correct?

I could read it 2 ways, the other way was you were quoting someone else ........ šŸ˜„

also, since chip foose was one of the designers of the car, i would think that he would have mentioned to ray about upgrading the suspension with tcp or global west etc but i didnt ask ray about any of that, however its not like ray knew nothing about modifying suspension since he had done a lot of that, but maybe he wasnt familiar with tcp at that time.

Ray wanted to know about converting to RHD. Carol's (Mrsozbilt) 69 Mach was RHD in California, something different when at a show ..... šŸ˜„ I had built it in Australia & then taken it back to CA when we moved there in 96.

That was before he knew that Nicholas Cage could drive a bit. I was consulting to TCP as my great friend (now passed, RIP) was the money behind them. TCP at the time were making steering & suspension products with no understanding on what was needed or how it works in an early car.

Ray just was not familiar with TCP & I think he liked the idea that it was a "complete" setup rather than the bits & pieces that was around at the time.

I got TCP into the RHD stuff as back then all cars had to be converted here, so there was a market for the r&p. When TCP got into financial trouble, I looked at taking over. However the IRS was involved & I did not know what liabilities I would incur buying them out. It was a dead duck when Alston bought it & he did a lot of improving to where it is today. Reality it was never a stand alone business, you need too many people to create all the product, so it was a great fit for Alston as he has a huge shop making all sorts of go fast stuff.

Kerry

It is easier to get older than it it is to get wiser

jarbergers
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote

Ray wanted to know about converting to RHD. Carol's (Mrsozbilt) 69 Mach was RHD in California, something different when at a show ..... šŸ˜„ I had built it in Australia & then taken it back to CA when we moved there in 96.

That was before he knew that Nicholas Cage could drive a bit. I was consulting to TCP as my great friend (now passed, RIP) was the money behind them. TCP at the time were making steering & suspension products with no understanding on what was needed or how it works in an early car.

Ray just was not familiar with TCP & I think he liked the idea that it was a "complete" setup rather than the bits & pieces that was around at the time.

I got TCP into the RHD stuff as back then all cars had to be converted here, so there was a market for the r&p. When TCP got into financial trouble, I looked at taking over. However the IRS was involved & I did not know what liabilities I would incur buying them out. It was a dead duck when Alston bought it & he did a lot of improving to where it is today. Reality it was never a stand alone business, you need too many people to create all the product, so it was a great fit for Alston as he has a huge shop making all sorts of go fast stuff.

very cool, xlnt story . . if you were around orange county, you may have also heard of mustangs and american classics .

Last edited by jarbergers on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote

very cool, xlnt story . . if you were around orange county, you may have head of mustangs and american classics .

Never heard of them. I was based in Sacramento, daughter still lives there & Mrsozbilt still spends 6 months a year over there.

Kerry

jarbergers
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote

very cool, xlnt story . . if you were around orange county, you may have head of mustangs and american classics .

Never heard of them. I was based in Sacramento, daughter still lives there & Mrsozbilt still spends 6 months a year over there.

it was one of the biggest mustang shops in the western us.

rays partner came by the shop one day when he was in the area looking at a 68 fastback . . he asked us if we knew were for any fastbacks were because they needed several for the movie asap so i told him i would look around and call him if i found any because buying. repairing and selling mustangs as well as other muscle cars was my business . . so i checked the newspaper and recycler etc everyday and by some miracle, i found them 5 cars in less than 6 or 8 weeks.

i drove the last car up there and ray gave me a tour and showed me the first and only eleanr thy had at the time and was so happy i found the cars so fast that he even offered to give me a free eleanor kit which i turned down because i thought the car was ugly and that no one would buy a fastback that had been butchered like that . . i could have had the car built before the movie came out and had the first authentic eleanor for sale in the world . . obviously, not one of my better moves, lol.

ray would also go to several of the same classic car auctions i went to like mccormacks in palm springs and barrett jackson etc so id talk to him when i saw him at those.

i was right next to the first eleanor he sold at barrett. when it went across the block and was shocked at the price.

i actually sold a lot of cars to oz and one of them which was an all orig 1969 black 428 r code which won some big show they have there several years ago.

Last edited by jarbergers on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 6 times in total

hybrid
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

jarbergers wrote
he even offered to give me a free eleanor kit which i turned down because i though the car was ugly and that no one would by a fastback that had been butchered lile that . .

You'll fit right in around here Laughing

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

hybrid wrote
jarbergers wrote
he even offered to give me a free eleanor kit which i turned down because i though the car was ugly and that no one would by a fastback that had been butchered lile that . .

You'll fit right in around here Laughing

Took the words right out of my mouth .......

Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

My shop was not a Mustang shop, did many, but most of my work was hot rods & pre & post WWII MG's. I knew of Monroe via Karl from Mustang Country (who was out here for 3 months at BossKraft & flew back to LA on Sunday).

Kerry

jarbergers
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
My shop was not a Mustang shop, did many, but most of my work was hot rods & pre & post WWII MG's. I knew of Monroe via Karl from Mustang Country (who was out here for 3 months at BossKraft & flew back to LA on Sunday).

small world . . karl bought the business from don and ailene chambers . . don and her had several ultra rare cars . . a couple were prototypes . . lots of people knew don . . i knew him for probably 30 years . . i bought a 70 boss 302 and a 71 429 cougar convertible from them . . i think they only made 6 of those cougars . . a mexican kid owned it and needed money one day so he drove it over to dons shop nd sild it to him . . i think he pad a whopping $6500.00 for it . . i paid a little more than that, lol.

i saw him maybe 3 days before he passed away . . he was walking and talking like there was nothing wrong with him, it was horrible what happened to him.

monroe was the owner of the second version of mustangs west . . i combined part of my business with his . . he did repairs and full high end restos . . our friend owns the paint shop that painted the orange and the blue lead cars for the fast and furious movies and he would paint our cars.

most everyone in the mustang biz in so calif knows each other because we have all been in it so long.

Last edited by jarbergers on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:13 am; edited 3 times in total

jarbergers
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

on your transmission, i would at least consider ordering the modified shift finger . . it is only around $20.00 in the us and it is easy to install . . the main case does not have to come apart to install it . . this will eliminate any possibility of the stock one causing a problem with the shift from second to third . . even the mfg had started polishing this finger because they knew there was a problem with them.

if modern driveline doesnt have them, you can get them from liberty transmission or hanlon racing . . liberty is probably the biggest tko dealer in the world and hanlon builds them for pro racing.

ask for dave

www.libertysgears.com/

ask for bob hanlon

hanlonmotorsports.com/

Mal in oz may also have the part.

www.malwoodauto.com.au/

Last edited by jarbergers on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:32 am; edited 4 times in total

jarbergers
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

i saw you mention possibly getting a stroker kit.

if you drive it a lot, i would probably get the 416 ci kit.

if you only drive it on weekends etc and want stupid power, i would get the 432 ci kit.

the cost is the same for either kit . . you dont need a forged crank uness you drag race it.

you can usually have summit swap for different pistons if you need a different compression ratio.

i would use mahle pistons . . they are made from low expansion material and have a graphite coating on them so you can run them with a tight clearance . . they are the only piton ford racing uses in their crate engines and they warranty their engines for 2 years or 24,000 us miles. . . my other preference are the je srp pistons . . im not a fan of the probe srs pistons because they are the high expansion type.

summit gives free shipping in the us . . i saw you had a car there that was goin to be shipped . . you could ship the kit with the car.

there is also a place in oz that sells the kits for around $3000.00 . dont know if thats usd or oz dollars.

www.summitracing.com/s...ing%20kits

Last edited by jarbergers on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:51 am; edited 3 times in total

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote

small world . . karl bought the business from don and ailene chambers . . don and her had several ultra rare cars . . a couple were prototypes . . lots of people knew don . . i knew him for probably 30 years . . i bought a 70 boss 302 and a 71 429 cougar convertible from them . . i think they only made 6 of those cougars . . a mexican kid owned it and needed money one day so he drove it over to dons shop nd sild it to him . . i think he pad a whopping $6500.00 for it . . i paid a little more than that, lol.

i saw him maybe 3 days before he passed away . . he was walking and talking like there was nothing wrong with him, it was horrible what happened to him.

monroe was the owner of the second version of mustangs west . . i combined part of my business with his . . he did repairs and full high end restos . . our friend owns the paint shop that painted the orange and the blue lead cars for the fast and furious movies and he would paint our cars.

most everyone in the mustang biz in so calif knows each other because we have all been in it so long.

Karl did not buy MCI, he is still helping Ailene sell the collection. Karl is a member here (he is the member that joined before you did "Isellfn" ) ........ šŸ˜„

Kerry

jarbergers
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote

Karl did not buy MCI, he is still helping Ailene sell the collection. Karl is a member here (he is the member that joined before you did "Isellfn" ) ........ šŸ˜„

ok im confused but thats no surprise . . so don and ailene never sold it, they just hired people to run the parts business?

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote
jarbergers wrote
ozbilt wrote

ok im confused but thats no surprise . . so don and ailene never sold it, they just hired people to run the parts business?

No, they sold the parts business a few years before Don passed. Allan Cohn bought it.

Enough of this as it was not a good time for me & so making me more depressed than I already am. So Cal wankers living in their own world thinking that the sun revolved around them, I taught them that you do not take a knife to a gunfight.

Kerry

mert
Mustang Maniac

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Look up Barry Rabotnick and Survival Motorsports for all things FE. Bought my 445 stroker kit for the EXP from him...

www.survivalmotorsport...index.html

8R01S
8R03S-GT
8F01X -EXP500 Repli-bute
8R01C-Cal Special

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   cage 

123abc 

hybrid 

Husky65 

Pinto-Pete 

Shaunp 

ComingEvents
There are no events scheduled in the next 14 days.
LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Project Brandy
Last post by Pinto-Pete in Mustang Projects on Nov 18, 2017 20:16:36

Years in the making....
Last post by Pinto-Pete in Mustang Projects on Nov 18, 2017 20:10:22

Husky's 65 Restomod
Last post by Husky65 in Mustang Projects on Nov 18, 2017 17:28:44

hybrids 1966 Coupe Project
Last post by Shaunp in Mustang Projects on Nov 18, 2017 10:06:48

OVER HEATING AT IDLE
Last post by 123abc in Pre 1973 on Nov 18, 2017 09:35:41

XY Shaker Bonnet trim interchangeable on 69/70?
Last post by JET-445 in Pre 1973 on Nov 17, 2017 19:32:50

Projext X 1967 Fastback
Last post by lukep6470 in Mustang Projects on Nov 17, 2017 11:54:05

No emergency flashers
Last post by rkmiller73 in Pre 1973 on Nov 17, 2017 08:39:57

What year is this steering box?
Last post by xpconnor in Pre 1973 on Nov 15, 2017 21:05:22

New App released
Last post by Ausjacko in GPS Tracker on Nov 15, 2017 20:26:43

SocialMedia

Like this page? Google +1 it!